Sunday, July 15, 2012

Radio Silence for 10 days

Now in Panama City, Panama-- at the home of Anibal Morales/a Panamanian-retired from the US military.  Will move on to Carti, Kuna Yala today.
Talked to Justino Galino, my prime Kuna of Isla Gerti/the Robesons,  yesterday and he will have a boat ready at Carti airport to take us, the sails and all my gear, over to the Robeson Islands.  He is very excited.  Just wait 'til he sees the sails!  He's gonna flip out!  I'm sure he either never thought anything would ever happen with the information and measurements of their old sails, that I took while I was in their islands in 2011 or  he gave up expecting dreams to come true.  However!!! Here they come!

Went to Reys supermarket yesterday to load up on food items I can take with me, as there are no food stores on his island.  A bread maker and a tienda that maybe sells rice, tuna fish etc. but I bought enough that I can live on for a week  or so.  Some fruit, canned foods such as hearty soups, small boxes of fruit juices, Gatorade, 2 cases 20 oz. water bottles, prepackaged/pre-cooked meals that I can eat cold, cans of nuts, vegetables etc.  Guess I'll loose another pound or two! :)

OK, probably no more to be written on this site until July 25th or so, as there is no Internet out there in the San Blas that I will have access to. One way or another, I have a scheduled American Airlines flight to return to the United States on July 27th.

Stay well ya'll!

No comments: