Thursday, May 14, 2015

Natches Trace

On a previous trip, I lucked out and found myself driving on the Natchez Trace Parkway, that runs along the original Natches Trace foot and wagon trail from Nashville Tennessee to Nacodoches, Texas.  However on that trip a few years ago, I was driving from Tupelo, Ms. (Elvis birthplace) down towards the South West into Louisiana.

 On this trip, I began in Tupelo and headed North to Nashville, Tn. and took my time.  There are numerous historical stops and for the most part, they were all interesting.

One such site was of 13 graves alongside the wagon trail.  No names on the stones.


A major Civil War battle had occurred only a few miles north of here and it is presumed these soldiers died from their wounds shortly afterwards and buried while their forces were withdrawing south.

No comments: