I was still cutting cloth when he arrived, so put him to work, attaching the cut pieces to the sail panels as prep work. We wrapped up that portion and got into sewing during the 2 weeks that he spent here and made good progress.
The table was modified to allow the machine to sit down into it, making the surface flush.
He brought another Sailrite LZS-1 sewing machine with him that was loaned to the project by Debbie, a cruiser friend. With 2 machines set up, we made good progress.
Tables were modified to support the differing sized panels so we each could work a different part of the assembly at the same time.
Dave is back home now dealing with Spring Break kayak rentals.
While here, we had numerous problems trying to get a 2" Binder Attachment bought from Sailrite, to work properly adding the 2" material I had cut to fold properly over the edge of the sail while sewing. Later on, I took the Binder apart and used it's throat, shown on right(shiney stainless) to guide the 2" material strips under a modified towing extension from my small motorhome. It now helps guide the material so folded strips are created perfectly, making the process simple and fast! Yay!! Another time saver! :)
Next day, friends we cruised with in Honduras, U.S. and Panama, stopped by for a visit. Twas a good time to relax for the evening.